What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Tuesday 29 July 2014

'They have grey fluff that’s blown into their heads by mistake.' – Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)

Tonight I'm lucky to be home safe and sound. That's because I have a migraine. It hit while at work and I could easily have curled up under my desk and gone to sleep. By the time I left, the pain had reduced to a dull roar. As I got to the tram exchange, I almost went to the wrong platform because my brain wiped from memory which line number I live on. At home, after I warmed up dinner, I forgot to turn the gas burner off. As my husband said, 'I could have burnt down the house' – not really likely since we live in a brick house and the stove is properly wired. Still, it's certainly time to go to bed and fully reduce the danger of being myself with a migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment