What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Tuesday 22 July 2014

'Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.' – Arthur C. Clarke

I'm happy to report back that the new Boeing Dreamliner is the magic use of technology, at least to a non-engineer/non-pilot like me. We flew to and from our holiday on it and it's better than other airplanes. Aside from less ear-popping during accent and descent, it was mildly quieter. Most significantly, unlike flights in the past, I didn't get nauseous and headachy during or after the flight. On the first few days of our trip I didn't get a migraine as I have on other trips. After coming home, I did get a migraine but probably mostly from the lack of sleep because of the discount airline's economy class seats. I would buy one if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment