What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Thursday 10 July 2014

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.' - St Augustine

Tomorrow I'm going overseas and I have mixed feelings about it. I'm excitedly looking forward to spending some time with my husband and relaxing in a warm climate. But I'm also nervous about how I will cope with the airplane, the stress and the time difference. Often when I go on a plane I end up with a migraine for several days after I land, which diminishes my ability to enjoy the destination. My geeky husband tells me that we're flying on a brand new plane that is supposed to be pressurised to a lower apparent altitude than normal planes so it makes the flight less tough on passengers. I'm also on new medication this time so it will be interesting to see how that helps me cope.

As horrible as it is to go away only to wind up with a migraine, I think it's still important to try these new experiences. This is partly because you can't let migraines stop you from living (that's how depression takes over) and partly that you never know how you will manage until you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment