What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Monday 14 July 2014

'So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being.' – Franz Kafka

Culture Smart Thailand
by Roger Jones
Yesterday we met some fellow gluten free travellers on an excursion and they told me about a tool they use when overseas: there are cards you can print saying that you are gluten free in almost any language. I never knew this existed, but it doesn't surprise me that this is one of the many miracles found on the internet. It means that you don't have to guess about food contents or bungle the pronunciation, possibly saying something you didn't intend. I will be using these next time we travel, but for the moment I will stick to dishes I'm pretty sure are safe and hope that I don't get a migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment