What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Thursday 12 June 2014

'Strength is the outcome of need.' – H.G. Wells

I'm playing mind games with myself at the moment. This always happens after I've had a prolonged illness or condition. I get hyper-sensitive to signs that the condition might be coming back. So because I've had such persistent and debilitating migraines for the past few months, I'm trying to look for any sign that I might be getting a migraine while simultaneously trying to enjoy every migraine-free moment. I know this vigilant dual-personality will ease as the new medication and kinesiology brings consistent improvements, but for now there's a lot going on in my head. Despite that I'm extremely grateful that things are improving and I've come through it ok. They say adversity makes you stronger so maybe this has added another age ring to my core and toughened me for the next round of adversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment