What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Saturday 7 June 2014

'Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better.' – Robert Redford

To wheat or not to wheat? That's my question this weekend. I was intending on testing my reaction to wheat today. I had a whole wonderful wheat-concetrated menu planned: waffles for breakfast, then croissants for lunch, ending with quesadillas and naan bread for dinner. It was designed to give me exposure to wheat, but not yeast. Also they're all foods that I have been missing for the past six or so years that I've been gluten free.

The problem is I've chickened out. I've been feeling quite good this week. I think my current (slightly higher) dose of Sandomigran feels like it might be right. Given that, I don't want to wreck things by eating a bunch of food that might send me into a migrainous spiral again.

It's a question of balancing the possibility of future delicious food with the immediate (high) probability of a migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment