What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Friday 31 January 2014

Migraine, migraine, go away, come again some other day. – Childhood chant

I'm ready for this migraine to move on. It's day three. I'm getting to the point where I'm not completely hazy so I'm starting to feel frustrated at the hinderance to my life. Day one I coped: I took various medications; I went to work and ignored it; I didn't tell anyone. Day two I wallowed: I called in sick; I cried in bed; I saw my chiropractor/acupuncture duo; I clung to my husband. Day three has only just begun so I don't know how it will pan out yet. Maybe I'll go back to ignoring it so I can enjoy the weekend with my husband. Maybe I'll get so sick of the pain I'll take all the drugs I can think of, at once, and pass on the bed with the hope of waking up clear again. Maybe I'll guzzle gatorade, have sex, meditate and do any other at-home, alternative remedy I've ever heard of.


No comments:

Post a Comment