What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Tuesday 23 September 2014

'In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.' – Dalai Lama

I decided this morning that my brain is my own worst enemy. It's the cause of the migraines and it generates the symptoms. More annoyingly it tries to trick me with logic. This morning I was thinking, thanks to my brain, that if I'm still having one migraine a week, then why am I on nightly preventative pills, which could be doing all sorts of other things to my body. Then I reminded myself of how much worse it was when I wasn't taking any medication. So I'm still migrainey and taking pills, which may or may not be working.
Brainade by Emilio Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment