What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Monday 6 October 2014

'Television has done much for psychiatry by spreading information about it, as well as contributing to the need for it.' – Alfred Hitchcock

At 8.30pm tonight I was going to turn off the TV because I didn't think there was anything on. I had had half an hour of post-work decompression and it was time to do yoga. Instead I stumbled onto Felicity Ward's Mental Mission documentary. It was excellent: touching, funny, poignant, engaging and important. I could identify with a lot of what she said. Some of the points made about depression – it being isolating, feeling like it's never going to end but knowing logically that it will etc. – were also relevant to migraines. If you're able to watch it, I strongly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment