What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Tuesday 19 August 2014

'Every moment in our lives is a miracle we should enjoy instead of ignoring.' – Yoko Ono

Something strange happened today. I don't know yet if it will lead to a migraine or not. Basically when I woke up I felt a bit off and took a Maxalt wafer. I functioned fine for the next several hours, then in the afternoon at work I started getting waves of tiredness and sore eyes. These spells often came with dizziness. It happened three or four times over the course of the afternoon. I felt this overwhelming heavy headedness and my eyes felt strained, which is not uncommon at the start of a migraine. Then (miraculously?) it would go away again and I was fine until an hour or so later when it would happen again. I'm having a quiet night at home and resisting all chocolate, alcohol or anything else that might trigger a full migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment