What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Wednesday 27 August 2014

'A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.' – Mark Twain

About once a week I wake up in the morning and feel very strongly that I don't want to go to work or writing class. I know lots of people don't like going to work or school – this is different. It's almost on the level of a physical repulsion. Sometimes I'm able to take time off, coddle myself and stay in bed. Usually I tell myself not to be a baby. That's what I did this morning, but as I was walking to the train station I got dizzy, weepy and uncoordinated. That made me wonder if my just-waking-I-don't-want-to-do-anything feeling was really an early warning system or a bizarre symptom of the impending migraine.

Does this happen to anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment