What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Tuesday 11 February 2014

'All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me migraine-free.' – Spike Milligan

People fantasise about what they would do if they won millions of dollars. From a migraineur's point of view, there are several things I would do:
- not worry about the cost of alternative treatments (Maybe I'd even see my acupuncturist once a week!)
- try some of the more unusual migraine cures (I'm currently stopped because budget outweighs the perceived likelihood of results.)
- fly first or business class whenever I travelled (I'm sure leg room, nice food and the ability to lie flat would lessen the post-travel migraine.)
- set up (or donate to if one already exists) a foundation to fund research into a cure/more effective treatments (We could all use a real solution to migraines sooner rather than later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment