What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Tuesday 8 December 2015

'Always look on the bright side of life.' – Eric Idle (Monty Python)

Yesterday I had a migraine. It was one of those low-level ones where I spend all day feeling horrible and wondering if I should leave work and go back to bed. It's not strong enough to make the decision clear; it just hangs around despite taking medication.

This morning I woke up feeling human again. In contrast to yesterday, I feel wonderful. I realised that this is, perhaps, the only good thing about having a migraine (and maybe many other health issues): you feel great when it's over; you appreciate your health and normal functioning.

I hope today sees you migraine-free so that you can enjoy it. If it doesn't, then know that things will improve – that's something I need to remember myself when I'm mid-migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment