What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Tuesday 24 November 2015

'Time has no divisions to mark its passage.' – Thomas Mann

It's been about a month since I got Botox. In some senses it feels longer than that - particularly when I have a migraine and am impatient for the next treatment. On the plus side, I've had fewer migraine days than the month before Botox, and the ones I've had were generally milder. After those initial days of swelling and soreness, there's now only intermittent muscle spasms. In the last few days I've felt a gentle burning, tugging in some of the sites where the Botox was injected. When it's in my forehead, it looks like one side is trying, semi-successfully, to frown. It's a disconcerting, uncomfortable feeling, but it doesn't usually last very long. I don't think this is cause for concern given that some patients in the clinical trials reported pain in the injection site as a side effect. (Apparently some also reported headache and migraine as a side effect, but I don't know how they could tell it was a side effect and not caused by their condition.)

For more information about Botox, visit the Migraine Trust or www.botoxchronicmigraine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment