What's in a name?

You've probably heard of the Fortune Cookie game – add 'in bed' to the end of any fortune from a cookie to make it more exciting. Well, I'm hoping that my love of books and beautiful writing will help me cope with chronic migraines.

Wednesday 14 October 2015

'Necessity is the mother of invention.' – Plato

This morning I created this migraine diary:
I probably could have downloaded one or found an app, but this one is tailored to my particular symptoms and treatments. It also has my favourite colour for the highlighted rows.

In the past when I've tried to use an app, I often forgot to log in everyday to track what was going on. Over the past few months I've been recording migraine occurrences on a paper calendar. I've got pretty good at remembering to make a note each day. Then for the past week I've been also using a form similar to the one I made that my new neurologist sent me. This is to give her an idea as to whether I qualify for botox injections or not.

Now that I'm in the habit and have a chart that I like, hopefully I'll keep using it. 

Let me know if you want a working copy of the migraine diary for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment